In the early days, being an artist was a hectic job. One had to carry with him a variety of brushes made of different thickness as a way to show off their talents. If there was a mess in the drawing, it was impossible to correct the mistake, and the artist had to redo the whole task. Today, things are different, thanks to the growing technology, which brought about computer screens with abilities to replicate hand-drawn art. These are graphic tablets. As a beginner, however, selecting the best is not a simple task as these devices are available in a wide variety. Thus, this article presents the top 10 best drawing tablets for beginners that a person can pick from the market.
Best Drawing Tablets for Beginners Reviews:
VEIKK A15 10×6 Inch Graphic Drawing Tablet
Designed by VEIKK, the tablet offers you an ultra-large drawing area of 10×6 inches. The design is thin and light, making it easy to carry around. The device features an intelligent passive voice with 8192 levels of battery, which does not need charging. The design does also comfortably fits both right and left-hand users. It does also come with a free artist glove and 20 spare nibs. It’s compatible with windows 7/8/10 or Mac 10.10, making it a suitable beginner.
- Intelligent passive technology.
- Type C-input making.
- Suitable for both left and right-hand users.
UGEE M708 10×6 Inch Graphic Tablet
The device features an active space of 10×6 inches and a paper texture surface, making it easy to draw. It does also feature a battery-free pen, which comes with 8192 level pressure sensitivity. That allows artists to make accurate drawings. The device is compatible with windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS 8.0. It does also feature eight customizable keys on the left side for shortcuts. It is also easy to use for both left and right-hand users.
- The tablet is easy to use for all levels of beginners.
- Eight customizable keys for shortcuts.
- A large drawing surface of 10×6 inches.
- Battery-free pen with high sensitivity, which increases the drawing accuracy.
Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet
Wacom is one of the best brands of drawing tablets in the market. It is easy to connect to any computer device using a USB cable. Its small size makes it easy to carry around and comes with a large drawing area of 6×3.7 inches. It is also user friendly for both right and left-hand individuals. It does also features four customizable express keys and is customizable with windows 10,/8.1/7.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/7.
- Easy to set-up with four customizable keys.
- A slim design that makes it easy to carry, and
- Ample drawing space of 6×3.7 inches
GAOMON PD1161 11.6 Inches IPS Tilt
If you want advanced technology, this one will be an excellent choice for you. You can consider using the device for online programs such as Zoom. The beauty of this device is that you can also use it as a professional. The drawing tablet comes with a battery-free pen which features two programmable buttons. It is lightweight, and that makes it easy to carry around.
- Only compatible with Windows seven and macOS 10.12
- Has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080,
- The lightweight of 866g
- 8192 level pressure passive pen, which ensures neat and smooth lines.
M708 Graphics Tablets
The drawing tablet by UGEE is Android and PC support. It can connect with windows 10/8/7 and macOS 10.10. The pen features an 8192 level pressure, and a large working area of 10 x 1.25 inches. It comes with an innovative 60 degrees Tilt Control system, which allows you to draw more smooth and natural lines.
- The large working area of 10×6.25 inches
- An innovative tilt system,
- 1-year warranty
- Compatible with PC multiple systems, and
- Android supported
UGEE M708, 10×6 inch drawing tablet
The product is another UGEE product on the list that comes with ample drawing space. It does also feature a papery drawing experience with an 8192 sensitivity level. It is user friendly with eight customizable keys, and suitable for both right and left-hand users. It is compatible with macOS 10.10 and windows 10/8/7. The set up is also easy for a beginner.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7 and macOS 10.10 only
- Eight customizable shortcut keys.
- 10×6 inches drawing space, and
- Easy set up for a beginner.
XP-PEN Artist 12
The tablet by XP-PEN is the smallest of the 1920×1080 HD display. It comes along with vibrant colors and elaborate details. It features 8192 levels of sensitivity and comes along with six shortcut keys. The design features a traditional picture-making texture and is ideal for animation, drawing, fashion, image editing, art painting, architecture, and more. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and macOS 10.10 or higher.
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10, macOS 10.10 or higher
- The artist 12 pen-display features an HD IPS details,
- Small size and lightweight making it easy to carry around.
HUION H610 Pro V2 Drawing Tablet
The device by HUION is one of the most advanced devices in the stores. It is OS android six supported and can easily connect with your phone. It features an innovative tilt control system with an 8192 pressure detection, which allows the drawing of smooth lines. It does also features eight customizable keys for shortcuts and ample working space of 10×6.25 inches. It is also an excellent choice for online working and teachings.
- Supports online tutoring applications and softwares such as OneNote, Word, and PowerPoint
- Eight shortcut keys and 16 customized soft keys.
- 8192 pressure sensitivity, and lightweight.
- Innovative 60 degrees tilt control system.
GAOMON PD 1560 15.6 Inches
The device by GAOMON features 8192 levels of pen display. It does also have an armed display of 1920×1080 with ten customizable shortcut keys. PD 1560 is useful for online learning and meetings. The device is suitable for professionals as well. It comes with an adjustable stand, which helps you find a comfortable angle for the pen display.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7 or macOS 10.11 and higher.
- Also compatible with several drawing softwares such as Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Illustrator, and MediBang Paint,
- Ten customizable shortcut express keys and 8192 levels pen pressure system that creates room for better control,
- Adjustable stand to find a better position to adjust the angle pen display
Simbans Picasso Tab
The drawing tablet from Simbans comes along with a stylus pen. It is the cheapest device in the stores that comes along with a pre-installed sketchbook and a pen. The pack does also contains a high-quality tablet encasing, pre-installed screen guard, and a universal power adaptor. It features a clear screen and a superior CPU. You can connect the device to a home WIFI and use it from anywhere. It is a certified product and comes with a 1-year warranty for exchange.
- Certified Quality and comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The package consists of additional items on offer worth $40,
- The device does also comes with a pre-installed sketchbook app for users who want to take notes from the class.
Buyers Guide How to Choose Best Drawing Tablets for Beginner:
As said in the introduction, drawing tablets for beginners are available in a wide variety. As such, you need to take time before deciding which drawing tablet to buy as a beginner. For a chance to choose the best, you must consider the following factors;
The size of the tablet makes a significant difference in your drawings. Larger drawing surfaces offer plenty of space and feature multiple input qualities that improve the Quality of work.
The shortcut keys are essential in enhancing your speed of drawing.
Always pick a drawing tablet with high levels of pressure sensitivity as it will increase your line thickness choices.
Look out for products that come with a warranty guarantee. Most of the drawing tablets will come with a 1-year warranty, implying that they are reliable.
Drawing the traditional way is time-wasting, tiring, and full of disappointments. If you want to build on your artistic dreams, you should consider shifting to digital methods. Using drawing tablets is one of the best options that you can consider. It gives an option to edit your work effectively and also gives high-quality work. If you wish to buy a drawing tablet as a beginner, choose any from the list above, and you will not regret the choice you make. I am hopeful that you find this article helpful.
List – Best Drawing Tablets for Beginners in 2020:
Last update on 2022-05-24 // Source: Amazon Affiliates // API made by AAWP Plugin.