Normally, we soften hard water by removing the magnesium and calcium that it contains. This is achieved by passing the hard water through the softening system to eliminate the ions of calcium and magnesium through an ion exchange process.
The idea is to have only soft water passing through for your eventual use. Whilst there is quite a number who readily have soft water and may not see the need for water softening, the bottom line is there is relatively a good number who are faced with challenges of hard water and would love to have it softened. You may be in the latter category.
In this article, we take you through a review of the top 10 best water softeners. Eventually, we will also draw your attention to important tips when choosing a water softener. Stay with us as we begin straight away.
1. Fleck Grain Water Softener
Fleck is among the most trusted brands in the water softening industry. The fact that Fleck 5600SXT model comes first in our top 10 review implies that it has strings attached to high quality. This model is well known for its efficiency and permanent transformation of volumes of hard water into soft water for both domestic and commercial use. This durable system is made using premium quality materials and saves you the hassles of hard water.
- Polygalas tank
- 5-year control head warranty
- Easy to use
- 48,000 maximum grain capacity
- We found none
2. Eddy Electronic Water Softener
If you are a homeowner going through a tough economic time, there is some good news for you. Believe me, you are going to love Eddy Water Descaler Electronic Water Softener. Though it is of low price, you will be wrong to think it is a non-performer. It has excellent water softening properties and reliability. It produces an electromagnetic wave which circles the incoming water to make it soft.
- 12-month money back warranty
- Very easy to set up
- Great product longevity
- Reduces the formation of Limescale
3. iSpring Electronic Descaler Water Conditioner
If you are on a salt-restricted diet or just much concerned about your skin and hair, you need not feel left out. iSpring ED2000 Whole House Electronic Descaler Water Conditioner has you covered. It completely eradicates the worries about chemicals and maintenance you would have to involve each time you soften your hard water.
- Straightforward installation
- Unique electromagnetic technology
- Energy efficient
- No prior maintenance required
- None for the price
4. Aquasana Whole House Water Filter
This is a top-notch water softener which ranks among the top models with a worldwide reputation for excellent performance. It has a smarter design and is engineered for optimal water softening and filtering performance. It has dual tank design responsible for increasing the duration of contact between water, contaminants and hard minerals grabbing media.
- Exceeds the NSF standards
- Professional installation kit
- Active carbon filter
- May not be so effective for commercial softening
5. iSpring Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System and Ultimate Water Softener
iSpring RCC75-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System and Ultimate Water Softener come with the gold seal of Water Quality Association, implying that it meets all the water treatment appliances required standards. It efficiently softens all your household water, bringing to an end all the hard water-associated scary threats.
- WQA Gold Seal Certification
- One year warranty
- Filters over 1000 water pollutants
- Occasional leaking of the faucet
6. PENTAIR Fleck grain Commercial Grade Water Softener
If you are shopping for a water softener for a commercial setting or a large family home, it is recommended that you consider PENTAIR Fleck 5600sxt 48,000 grain Commercial Grade Water Softener. It is a mid-priced system that comes with a complete set of components required for its optimal operation. As such, you only need to set it up and begin using it immediately.
- 5-year control head warranty
- Bypass valve
- LCD and Touch-pads
- Complete system
- Uses a lot of salt in the softening process
7. APEC Top Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
Think of softening tap water as well as well water and the best system to go for would be APEC Top 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System. It uses reverse osmosis technology in removing up to 90% of water pollutants and contaminants. Normally, the water is taken through a 5-stage filtering process.
- 1-year satisfaction warranty
- WQA certified
- 100% Lead-free Chrome Faucet
- Premium, long-lasting filters
- We found none
8. Watts Grains Portable Water Softener
This product which comes at a crazily low price is ideal for your domestic water softening services. Its compact and portable design makes it best for use even on camping trips. Its intelligent design further enables it to effectively handle your water softening needs while on the go.
- 10-year warranty
- 10,000 grains capacity
- Portable and salt-based
- Suitable for small apartments
- Lacks salt auto-recharge feature
- Not convenient for commercial use
9. Aquios Salt Free Water Softener and Filtration System
If you don’t fancy salt-based water softener models, then there is a salt-free model for you. This top-of-the-line model is capable of filtering and softening your household water all at the same time. It comes with a sleek, compact design making it ideal for us at home and in small apartments.
- Compact design needs no maintenance
- No programming required
- 40, 000-gallon cartridge included
- Salt-free water softening
- Not appropriate for commercial use
10. 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System
This top-notch system hangs on the lower price end. It features a relatively high flow rate of 20 gallons per minute. It is ideal for use both at home and commercial water purification and softening.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel head
- Carbon filter media
- High rate of flow
- Easy to replace cartridges
Covered herein are some basic tips you need to take into consideration prior to placing an order for your next water softener. Read on.
1. Type of Water Softener & System
First and foremost, ahead of anything else, you should be at a position to determine the water problems you are facing and the kind of systems that are best recommended to alleviate such problems. This can be achieved by having a water treatment professional analyzing the conditions of your water. Once the results are analyzed and consumer report captured, the correct system can be installed.
2. Size of the Softener
We all have homes and each home uses water differently. To determine the right size of water softener for your home, it is recommended that you have a rough idea of the average number of gallons each person under your household uses on a daily basis. Multiply the number of gallons by the number of people in the household and eventually multiply that number by the grains of hardness in your water. This will help you figure out how many grains need to be eliminated, thus giving you a rough idea of the best size to go for.
Once you have the right information, things will no longer be the same. With our review of the top 10 best water softeners, you have what it takes to make the right choice. Go for it.
- 1. Fleck Grain Water Softener
- 2. Eddy Electronic Water Softener
- 3. iSpring Electronic Descaler Water Conditioner
- 4. Aquasana Whole House Water Filter
- 5. iSpring Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System and Ultimate Water Softener
- 6. PENTAIR Fleck grain Commercial Grade Water Softener
- 7. APEC Top Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- 8. Watts Grains Portable Water Softener
- 9. Aquios Salt Free Water Softener and Filtration System
- 10. 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System
- Buyer’s Guide