The days are increasingly growing shorter as the nights get longer, and so, our attention is fast shifting to outdoor lighting. We do not wish to talk about the hard-and-costly-to-install electric system either.
We are simply going the solar way. Solar lights are generally easy to set up and since you don’t have to flip a light to get them started, they are equally easy to forget. They will charge on sunny and cloudy days alike. Most interesting is that despite using them for longer periods, your bill won’t increase in any way.
It would be interesting to say a lot more concerning solar light but that remains a story for another day. To this extent, we will take you through a roundup of top 10 best solar lights the market offers. Read till the end to harvest the best of information.
- 10 Best Solar Lights Reviews:
- 1. Moonrays Metal Path Light
- 3. EcoCity Outdoor Solar Pathway Lights
- 4. Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light
- 5. Voona Solar Bollard Path Light
- 6. Oak Leaf Stainless Steel Solar Path Light
- 7. Ohuhu Stainless Steel Solar Path Lights
- 8. LampLust Water Resistant Solar Stainless Steel Path Lights
- 9. LITOM SUPER BRIGHT Solar Lights
- 10. Litom 77 LEDs Motion Sensor Solar Light
- Buyer’s Guide how to choose best solar lights
10 Best Solar Lights Reviews:
1. Moonrays Metal Path Light
Moont=rays LED Metal Path Light comes at the top zone of our product reviews. It has a glass lens and a bronze body which makes it sturdy and durable. These ultra-bright LEDs further produce 30 lumens, making the product be 25 times brighter than standard path lights.
- 36 to 38-inch illumination radius
- 18.5 inches tall
- Maximum light output
- Both attractive and sturdy
- 30 Lumens LEDs
- A bit expensive
- The 1-year warranty is limited
2. SolarGlow LED Solar Path Lights
This product is listed as the number 1 best seller on Amazon ‘Outdoor In-Grounds Light’ category. It not only has a classic design but it is also available in multiple colors. It also offers the longest lasting life of any LED light available on the market.
- 15 Lumens
- Water/weather resistant
- Longest lasting LED light life
- Over 8 hours of illumination time
- Guaranteed lifetime replacement
- Inconsistent performance
- The plastic lens is susceptible to fogging or damage
3. EcoCity Outdoor Solar Pathway Lights
EcoCity Outdoor Solar Pathway Lights features as a very attractive set of path lights both in price and aesthetics. It is by far the cheapest among the first few options we selected. They are also the most affordable overall.
- Weather resistant
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Unique and elegant design
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 12 months warranty
- Less bright LEDs
- Shorter warranty
4. Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light
Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light falls within a similar price range to the Solar Glow Option. A pack of 6 fetches a little over $30. The product has a 100% replacement and satisfaction guarantee. Its bronze body is topped with a durable plastic lens. This creates a lightweight yet long-lasting lighting option.
- The bronze construction is sturdy and durable
- Lightweight, decorative plastic lens
- 4-feet illumination radius
- 100% replacement, satisfaction guarantee
- The LEDs do not produce so bright light
- Occasional issues with plastic lens
5. Voona Solar Bollard Path Light
This is a top-notch solar light which is practically less expensive than its previous version. They are made of high quality brushed nickel stainless steel. They are not only concise but also elegant.
- Durable high-quality stainless steel design
- 5 lumens
- Elegant and concise design
- Water resistant
- 15 inches high
- Less reliable plastic lens
- Less great illumination
6. Oak Leaf Stainless Steel Solar Path Light
This solar light features a durable, weatherproof stainless steel construction which is incorporated into a modern design Oak Leaf. This light is aesthetically likable as it has benefits such as low price and typically lasting charge.
- Sturdy and durable
- Unique and modern design
- Clear lens
- Warm white lights
- Great concern with the plastic lens
- The 30-day money back warranty is a bit short
7. Ohuhu Stainless Steel Solar Path Lights
Ohuhu Stainless Steel Solar Path Lights feature durable and high-quality construction which includes glass lens and stainless steel. They are practically among the weather resistant, more resilient options.
- Glass lens
- Weather resistant
- Stainless steel construction
- 1-year warranty
- 15-inch high
- Below average illumination time
- Does not provide optimum lighting
8. LampLust Water Resistant Solar Stainless Steel Path Lights
This actually comes in as the most expensive solar light in our reviewed list so far. Its light offers four lumens and it has a height of 13 inches. Its construction offers quality and durability, topping some of its competitions.
- Stainless steel construction
- 90-day warranty
- 8 to 10-hour lasting time
- No expressed return policy
- Quite expensive
- Height is average at best
9. LITOM SUPER BRIGHT Solar Lights
This four-pack solar light will definitely give you value for your money. The lights of this product are super bright with the brightest setting offering 600 lumens. It also has different modes to choose from such as dim light, bright light and sensor mode.
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- Only seven hours charge time
- Three modes to choose from
- Comes with installation screws
- Slightly expensive
- Smaller solar panel
10. Litom 77 LEDs Motion Sensor Solar Light
This high-quality solar-powered light system is simply the best for your home outdoor space. This product from a super brand has outstanding power and incredible illumination. The product is sure to solve all your lighting issues.
- Excellent motion sensor
- Incredible bright illumination
- Made of premium PC and ABS material
- No cons
Buyer’s Guide how to choose best solar lights
We know you must be thrilled to have read through the entire list of top 10 best solar lights. Just before taking your pretty eyes off this page, we wish to feed you with a little more information. What else do you need to know when making a purchase of solar lights? Below are some of the most important factors to consider.
We all understand the working principles of solar lighting. That is to say, the sunlight hits the solar panel which in return charges the solar battery during the day. As a result, the energy stored in the battery is used for lighting at dusk.
The more the autonomy of the solar light, the longer it will remain lit without another charge. The bottom-zone solar lights are generally having cheap batteries. Such lights can only stay brightly lit for a few hours without being exposed to direct sunlight.
Whilst this might not be a problem in places where the sun shines consistently all round the year, it might pose a great challenge in other regions with rare sunshine. In the northern latitudes, for instance, solar lights need more autonomy to be more effective.
2. Power Storage
After autonomy, comes the related state of power storage. This is a measure of how efficiently a solar fixture is capable of converting sunlight into battery charge. Any solar system with good power storage needs a very short time to completely charge a depleted battery. It can also continue to effectively operate with few daylight hours.
It is, however, good to note that there is a slim difference between power storage and charging time. Normally, a larger battery takes a longer time to be fully charged that one of low capacity. The high-capacity battery will, on the other hand, have a more superior power storage rate.
Things are getting smarter with the emergence of the internet. Solar lights are not exempted either. Some solar lights will automatically activate at pre-programmed times of the day and either shut off at dawns or when they run completely out of power. There are practically more advanced processors in intelligent solar lights.
These processors actively adapt to the environment. Some solar lights have intelligent microprocessors which adjust light output in accordance to weather pattern changes. This effectively rations energy to prevent situations of deep discharge. This eventually lowers the likelihood of a battery being completely drained.
The solar lights generally make life more bearable especially to people who live in areas where access to electricity is an uphill task. It also helps in cutting one electricity cost a great deal. Good solar lights have a high level of intelligence, are more autonomous and have better energy storage techniques. Make your best purchase thanks to our list of top 10 best solar lights.