With the advancement in technology, our lives have since changed for the better. Motion sensing technology is indeed a game-changer in many applications. In the world of today, for instance, the usage of the motion sensor light bulbs in offices, homes, or even industries has significantly increased due to their cost-effectiveness and affordability.
The beauty of these bulbs is that they do not consume as much power as the standard electric-powered bulbs. Besides that, they find great usage in both outdoor and indoor environments, hence the most preferred option among many consumers.
Well, just like any other industry, there are tons of alternatives out there in the market, which might prove quite a challenge when choosing the motion sensor light bulbs for your property. If this is your concern, then we have some good news for you! In this article, we shall present you with a comprehensive guide, which will help you, in the end, make the right decision.
- 10. Sunco Lighting 4 Pack Motion Activated LED Flood Light
- 9. Canagrow PIR Motion Sensing Activated LED Bulb
- 8. Govee Motion Sensor Light Bulb
- 7. JackonLux Motion Activated Light Bulb
- 6. EVAVSOW LED Garage Lights Motion Activated
- 5. Sengled Smartsense LED Motion Activated Flood Light
- 4. Wixann Motion Activated Security LED Bulb
- 3. Star Lighting Motion Sensor Light Bulbs
- 2. Outdoor Motion Sensor Light Bulb by Boxlood
- 1. Aukora Motion Sensor Light Bulb
- Buyer’s guide and how to choose the best motion light bulbs:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- List of the Best Motion Sensor Light Bulbs of 2020:
10. Sunco Lighting 4 Pack Motion Activated LED Flood Light
This motion-activated LED bulb from Sunco lighting stands among the top-rated options in the market today, and it boasts of the latest technology. It uses radar to detect motion within fifteen feet, and the bulbs stay on for twenty-five seconds after motion has stopped, making it the right choice to prevent crime.
Built with versatility in mind, this motion sensor bulb is an ideal option or both outdoor and indoor applications such as basements, garages, driveways, and decks. This unit is not only offered at the most affordable prices, but it is also backed with a five-year warranty.
- It has a power rating of 13 watts and 120 volts
- Up to 15 feet of coverage
- It is wet rated, so it can be used for outdoor applications
- It is an LED bulb type
- It can save up to 85 percent of energy
- This motion sensor bulb is made of eco-friendly materials, so it would not flicker or buzz for eye comfort
- It delivers optimal performance, making users feel safe and secure
- The light direction can be adjusted
- It lacks shade material, so the lights will not change color
Sunco Lighting is one of the leaders when it comes to designing and manufacturing perfect motion sensor bulbs, and you just cannot go wrong with this option. It is a highly affordable alternative, guaranteeing users with many years of use. It is also the right choice for consumers seeking superior performance.
9. Canagrow PIR Motion Sensing Activated LED Bulb
These two bright LED bulbs are an extremely powerful lighting appliance that relies on motion-sensing technology for its operation. Both bulbs switch on automatically when movement is detected in areas with light intensity less than 15 lux and turns off after twenty-five seconds of no motion.
Designed to save on energy, these motion sensor bulbs will not turn on during the daytime even when motion is detected, thus limiting its application for nighttime use. Because this alternative is compatible with any standard E26/E27 socket, there are countless places you can use this bulb –in stairs, bathroom, hallway, porch, basement laundry room, and garage, just to name a few!
- It delivers over 80 color rendering index
- Its detection angle is less or equal to 120 degrees
- Up to 23 feet detection coverage distance
- Power ratings -110V, 12W
- It provides up to 1100 lumens, making it one the brightest options out there in the market
- The bulb is backed with a hassle-free 12 months warranty and 30-days money-back guarantee
- Its 90 percent energy saving rating making it a perfect replacement for traditional 120W halogen bulb
- It cannot work through glass or lamp covers since the bulb top must be exposed completely
- It supports standard switch, and it should be turned to on position
Because of its superb energy-saving properties and that fact that is offered at the most affordable prices, this alternative is for anyone seeking a mix of both. On top of that, its bright light keeps your property secure throughout the night.
8. Govee Motion Sensor Light Bulb
Unlike other alternatives you might find in the market today, this one comes with a built-in photocell sensor, so it automatically turns it on at night or when light intensity is less than 25 lux with motion detected. Even more, this appliance sets up in seconds, as all you need to do is to screw it into the standard E26/E27 base.
- 7-10 feet suggested installing height
- It features 1200 lumen brightness intensity
- It offers a detection range of up to 26.5 feet
- Power rating -12 watts, 110 voltage
- It is offered with a 30-day money-back guarantee policy
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- This bulb is highly reliable and works without flicker or glare
- With a 90 percent energy star rating, this bulb leads to less cost on electricity
The Govee’s motion sensor light bulb boasts of up to 30,000 lifespan hours, making it the best choice for more brightness for your property. It is, indeed, the perfect solution for hands-free lighting on garages, corridors, stairs, balcony, wardrobes, basement, and so on.
7. JackonLux Motion Activated Light Bulb
If you are looking for a motion sensor bulb that turns on automatically when movement is detected at dusk or dark area, then this bulb from JackonLux is the solution befitting your needs. It has been designed to turn automatically during daytime or when no movement is detected.
What makes this appliance stand the test of time is its integration with the latest radar sensing technology, which allows it to achieve strong detect and far detective distance. What is more is that it is safe to use with no electric shock thanks to its stable quality.
- It has a power rating of 80 watts and an input voltage of 100-240 AC V
- It delivers beam angle of 240 degrees
- Time delay after motion detection is within 30 seconds
- Its detection range lies between 16 to 32 feet
- Light color –soft white 3000K
- It has a light intensity of 800 lumens
- This motion-detecting light bulb is widely used in the hallway, corridor, walkway, passage, garage, patio, stairs, step, balcony, toilets, coffee house, etc.
- 36 months warranty and 90-days money-back guarantee policy
- Longer lifespan of up to 30000 hours, eliminating the need for frequent bulb replacement
- It is UL listed, thus safe for use
- It is only compatible with E26 base
This is an excellent solution if you are thinking about a motion-activated bulb for wide applications. More importantly, it comes with a highly attractive warranty policy, so you can buy it with complete peace of mind.
6. EVAVSOW LED Garage Lights Motion Activated
If you have a garage at your home, then perhaps you are wondering if you can get a motion-activated light bulb specifically designed for that area. The answer is indeed yes, and you might need to consider this offering from EVAVSOW. This unit comes with a built-in microwave motion sensor, which responds quickly to any movement and turns on lights automatically.
At the same time, users do not have to worry about power consumption since it will turn off within 15 seconds when motion is no longer within the sensing range. More importantly, it uses high-quality 2835 LED chips, which is two times brighter than the ordinary chips.
- Power ratings –AC 85V-300V; 50/60 Hz; 60 Watts
- It supports E26 or E27 base types
- Light color –black (6000K)
- Brightness intensity -6000 lumen
- Construction material –Aluminum and ABS
- It has color rendering index of 80 and above
- Besides turning on/off automatically utilizing latest technology sensors, users can as well operate using the wall switch
- It delivers up to 360 degrees omnidirectional illumination with three light deformable panels
- Its high-quality aluminum alloy panels are high-temperature resistant, precision pressed, and corrosion resistant, combining to deliver safer and more stable performance
- The product is backed by a three-year warranty
- You will need to an expert to install it on your property
The EVAVSOW’s motion-activated light bulb has all it takes to boost the security of your property. With microwave and radar motion sensors, this unit is sure to detect motion quickly from as far as 7 meters away.
5. Sengled Smartsense LED Motion Activated Flood Light
This dusk to dawn motion-activated flood light bulb is worth considering if you are looking for an indoor or outdoor lighting solution. It has been designed to illuminate automatically for ninety seconds when motion is detected within a range of 30 feet courtesy of its inbuilt PIR sensor.
That notwithstanding, this bulb is integrated with a photocell sensor, which ensures that it remains off during the day, thus saving tons of energy. Even more, it comes with 3000K warm white lighting, bringing users a comfortable lighting atmosphere that mimics the natural sunlight.
- It has an average lifespan of 25,000 hours
- It is a dual-mode bulb, giving users the chance to deactivate the motion sensor to use it as a regular bulb via a switch
- Cool temperature –warm white 3000K
- Power ratings -14W, 120V
- It is easy to install
- Sengled is easy in using
- It is designed with energy-saving ideas in mind
- With CRI 90, this bulb protects the eyes
- There is no mention of a warranty and money-back guarantee policy
Since this appliance can operate on both modes, it takes flexibility and versatility to the next level. Because of that, it offers wide applications, so you can use it to light your front door, stairs, garage, street, and so forth.
4. Wixann Motion Activated Security LED Bulb
This motion sensor light bulb is a no brainer appliance built to provide maximum security to your property. It comes with built-in motion and dusk-to-dawn sensor that is sensitive to animal or human movement. The bulb gets activated when movement is detected in dark conditions.
The good news about this unit is that it automatically turns off when no movement is within the sensing range for more than 30 seconds. On top of that, it boasts of 95 percent energy saving over the conventional 100 watts halogen bulbs.
- It has a detection angle of 120 degrees
- Power requirements -12 watts, AC 100-240V
- Its light intensity is 1000 lumen
- It has a white lamp body color
- It uses plastic and aluminum as the primary construction materials
- It is easy to install and use
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- The bulb is compatible with any standard E26 socket base
- It saves up to 95 percent of energy
- Since the bulb should never be installed in high temperature or wet environments; it is not the right solution for outdoor use
- Its sensors are highly susceptible to blockage, hence should never be installed in an enclosure
If you are looking for a mix of affordability and energy-saving properties, then you need to count on this motion-activated light bulb. It is also a perfect addition to a basement, hallway, porch, storage room, garage, or a laundry room. Since it comes with a one-year warranty, consumers are assured of value for money.
3. Star Lighting Motion Sensor Light Bulbs
This offering from Star Lighting is another tremendous motion-activated light bulb worth considering for both indoor and outdoor use. Unlike some of the bulbs already reviewed, this one comes with an intelligent radar sensor, which is obviously more sensitive, responsive, and penetrating than the typical infrared sensors. In fact, its detection capabilities can penetrate walls, veneer, and glass.
With a sensing range of up to 26 feet, your property’s security is guaranteed. While it lights up automatically when someone moves within the detection range, it black out in twenty-five seconds when there is no apparent movement. Even more, the bulb comes with a two-year unlimited warranty.
- The bulb is compatible with E26 base
- Color temperature –white 6500K
- It uses aluminum and PC as the primary construction materials
- Power ratings –AC 85-265V/60Hz, 7 watts
- It has a detection angle of 180 degrees
- The sensor distance for this bulb is up 26 feet
What We Liked
- It is straightforward to install in a normal E26 socket
- This bulb wows users with long service time. It delivers an incredible 30,000 hours. In other words, it offers more than twenty-seven years lifespan if it is used three hours a day
- This motion sensor activated light bulb is much more energy-efficient than conventional lamps
- Besides serving as a lighting appliance, you can use it to decorate multiple places
What We Didn’t Like
- The bulb is not waterproof
This radar motion sensor light bulb is bright enough to see clearly. For that reason, it is a perfect solution for lighting bathrooms, stairs, hospital office stairs, hallways, coffee houses, hotels, garages, and shopping centers.
2. Outdoor Motion Sensor Light Bulb by Boxlood
As you might have noticed, most motion-activated light bulbs in the market are designed for indoor use. However, the appliance in question works well in outdoor environments. It is fitted with an IR motion sensor that turns the lights on when cars, animals, or people are detected. The bulb stays on for thirty seconds; then the detector shuts off the lights unless it senses more movement.
Best of it all, it comes with a built-in photocell sensor, which deactivates the motion sensing light bulb during the day, thus saving tons of energy. On top of that, this unit gives off 1000 lumen, making it one of the brightest options out there.
- The bulb’s sensor range is up to 20 feet
- Its sensing area is at an angle of 120 degrees
- Power ratings -120 volts, 12 watts
- It utilizes plastic and aluminum in its construction
- Color temperature –cold white 6000K
What We Liked:
- It is easily mounted on a standard E26 medium screw base
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- It delivers up to 85 percent energy saving than traditional lamps
What We Didn’t Like:
- It cannot work within an enclosed fixture
This motion-activated light bulb has it all takes to overcome the challenges of outdoor applications. Besides being waterproof, it can operate optimally under high temperatures. It is, therefore, the perfect solution if you need to cover all the approaches to your home, including the patio door, fence gates, around bushes/trees, and in the darker areas of your yard.
1. Aukora Motion Sensor Light Bulb
Last but not least, let us have a look at this bulb that uses a motion sensor to trigger on/off lighting. With a built-in PIR motion sensor, this unit automatically lights up when motion is detected within 10 feet in the dark. The lights go on a blackout after the motion disappeared or ceased after about sixty seconds.
As a measure to save on energy, this bulb from Aukora will not turn on during the daytime even when motion is detected. It is worth noting that its sensor should be pointing down within the proper angle or distance to increase the sensitivity of the bulb.
- Power ratings -12 watts, AC 85-265V
- Color temperature –cold white (6000-6500K)
- Light intensity -1000 lumen
- It has a possible detection range of up to 10 feet
- Construction material –ABS
- Type of bulb –LED
- It is compatible with E26 socket base
What We Liked
- Its construction design includes dusk to dawn sensor, thus turning the lights off during the day, saving tons of energy
- Installation is a breeze
- Since it is compatible with E26 base, replacing the bulb is also easy
- You can use it for both indoor and outdoor applications
What We Didn’t Like
- No warranty terms is listed by the manufacturer
- Its uses PIR motion sensor that requires line of sight for proper functioning, which is not always the case
Aukora is no doubt a leader when it comes to designing and manufacturing perfect motion-activated light bulbs, and you just cannot go wrong with this alternative. Many users who have already used it supports the claim that it is worth value for your money. It delivers superior performance, earning high ratings at Amazon.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
The list of motion sensor light bulbs stated herein can be very helpful when you are choosing the perfect product for keeping your property safe and secure. That notwithstanding, there are some general questions that pop up in your mind when looking for these items. In the next section, we briefly look at the most common questions to help you make an informed choice.
Can all motion-activated light bulbs be used outdoors?
What is the possible reason why my motion-enabled light bulb is always on?
Should one reset a motion sensor light bulb after a power outage?
Can outdoor motion-enabled light bulbs get wet?
We are about to bring down today’s curtains, and it is our sincere hope that you are a better-informed person now than never before about the basics of motion sensor light bulbs. For that reason, you can make better decisions when it comes to choosing the finest and perfect options. As you might have seen, these light bulbs present a cost-effective and efficient alternative to keep your property safe and secure. What is more is that these products are highly reliable, robust, and durable, making no massive difference in your electricity bills.