Handheld vacuums make vacuuming easier and more convenient. Try to remember those days when your grandma used to grab her trusty Dust-buster in order to clean after-dinner messes and kitchen spills. It was such a nasty tussle, wasn’t it? For over 30 years, vacuum technology has grown to offer a lot of convenience and efficiency. The modern handheld vacuums have a slimmer nozzle, are of lightweight, and are designed with aesthetics in mind. They also have stronger, safer and more efficient batteries. They have also greatly improved on the suction noise.
Choosing the best handheld vacuum may not be a cup of tea for everyone since several brands, seasoned and young alike, have upped their game in marketing gimmicks. We understand what you could be going through as every marketed handheld vacuum may seem best suited for your need. Worry not. We have conducted an intensive research and eventually singled out the top 10 best handheld vacuums that the market offers. Moreover, we also provide you with a buyer’s guide all under the same link. We seek your undivided attention as we take you through our refined list.
- 10 Best Handheld Vacuums Reviews By Consumer Reports 2020.
- 1. Hoover Cordless vacuum cleaner
- 2. Black Decker Flex Vacuum
- 3. Oreck Commercial & Pound Upright Vacuum
- 4. Shark Rocket Upright Vacuum
- 5. Makita Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit
- 6. Oreck AL Upright Vacuum Cleaner Lightest
- 7. Hoover Air Lift Bagless Upright Vacuum
- 8. Dyson Cord-Free Vacuum
- 10. Dyson Absolutes Vacuum-Best Handheld Vacuums
- Best Handheld Vacuums Buyer’s Guide
10 Best Handheld Vacuums Reviews By Consumer Reports 2020.
1. Hoover Cordless vacuum cleaner
This stick vacuum will make you bid bye to your dustpan and broom alike. It features a reliable Wind Tunnel technology and a fade-free lithium-ion battery which collectively make it more efficient and easy to operate. It can be used on carpets and surfaces of flat floors.
• Full-scale home usability
• Reliable Wind Tunnel technology
• Fade-free lithium-ion battery
• The warranty is limited
• Has a design flaw
2. Black Decker Flex Vacuum
This is a do-it-all cordless vacuum. It is efficient for cleaning ceilings. It is packed with fade-free power and a strong suction that enable it to clean all the stubborn pet hair that can be found within the home.
• Multitasking capability
• Ultra-compact technology
• Fade-free power
• Strong suction
• The charging station cannot be wall-mounted
• The battery is irreplaceable
3. Oreck Commercial & Pound Upright Vacuum
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHs & Pound Commercial Upright is well-designed vacuum comprising of an automatic floor adjustment enabling it to move between hard floors and carpets.
• Cleaning path of 12 inches
• Relentless work for longer durations
• Easy to handle
• Automatic floor adjustment
• We found none
4. Shark Rocket Upright Vacuum
This is a top-of-the-line vacuum which has suction power and versatile cleaning capabilities. It also features advanced steering which lets you be in control at all times. Compared to other vacuums within its price range, this machine also has better cleaning capabilities.
• Sleek design
• Versatile cleaning capability
• Suction power Availability of LED lights for illumination
• Difficulty in fixing the hose when broken
• It is top heavy
5. Makita Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit
Makita is a seasoned brand well known for manufacturing best vacuum cleaners. It has a nozzle extension that enables it to effectively clean the floor. Its battery is very reliable and it also has a star protection which enhances data exchange in real time.
• Monitors overcharging and overheating
• Very versatile
• A super reliable battery
• Relatively easy to clean
• No cons
6. Oreck AL Upright Vacuum Cleaner Lightest
Oreck AL Classic Upright Vacuum Cleaner Lightest Weight 8LBs is another top-notch vacuum from Oreck brand. Its ergonomic design enables it to carry out several cleaning tasks conveniently. It comprises of a 6500 RPM double helix brushes making it very sturdy when cleaning.
• Comfortable handle
• Ability to conveniently take up many cleaning tasks
• No height settings
• No setting for carpet heights
7. Hoover Air Lift Bagless Upright Vacuum
If you are thinking of a vacuum that you can easily convert from an upright vacuum to a lift-off canister to be used in hard-to-reach areas then Hoover Air Lift Deluxe is not far from what you are craving for. It channels suction in a bid to remove embedded dirt on any surface.
• Easy conversion from upright vacuum to a lift-off canister
• 3-in-1 pivoting brush
• Telescoping ward
• Diverse cleaning enabled by pet hair tool and turbo tool
• Unpleasant design
• The wand extension doesn’t stay on well
8. Dyson Cord-Free Vacuum
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless Vacuum Cleaner lets you say goodbye to those old days when cleaning was a serious hassle. It has an in-built motorized cleaner head which practically works on all types of floors.
• Powerful fade-free suction
• A run time of 20 minutes
• In-built motorized cleaner head
• No cons
9. Dyson Slim Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
This super-efficient handheld vacuum has twice the suction power of any cordless vacuum available on the market. It flawlessly works on any floor and is perfect for quick cleaning. It has ultra-fine conductive power brushes which make it completely unique.
• Has detachable wand
• Efficient docking station
• Labor warranty
• Carbon fiber brushes
• Root cyclone technology
• A little bit heavy
10. Dyson Absolutes Vacuum-Best Handheld Vacuums
Thinking of the best solution to hefty cleaning tasks? Here is one. This machine boasts of an avalanche of excellent features. It is loaded with some of the best features to ensure easy time for all its users. Its two cleaner heads enable it to clean all types of floors with a lot of ease. It also features a direct drive cleaner head that lets it remove dirt with ease.
• Softer roller cleaner hand for removal of dust particles and debris
• Two cleaner heads
• Direct-drive cleaner head
• No cons
Best Handheld Vacuums Buyer’s Guide
To supplement your already accumulated knowledge on top 10 best handheld vacuums, we wish to take you through some impeccable factors to consider when choosing your next hand vac. Please, follow closely.
Your level of comfort matters a lot. This implies that you have to pay close attention to the manner in which the vacuum’s handle is built. You definitely do not want a slick handle which is difficult to hold. You would rather go for a handle with soft or textured grip that you will feel comfortable handling.
Generally, the handheld vacuums tend to be slim on their own. It is worth noting that there are several places that a bare nozzle can’t go. You need a hand vacuum with a crevice tool in order to get into extremely tight spaces.
You may not expect the bin of the vacuum to collect large amounts of debris or liquid owing to the fact that the hand vacuum cleaners are generally small. You should, however, be sure to settle for a handheld vacuum which can hold approximately 100 milliliters of liquids or 500 milliliters of debris.
Whatever you do with your vacuum must be of great significance to you. When choosing your next handheld vacuum, it is good that you take the afore-listed into consideration. Our refined list of top 10 best handheld vacuum cleaners, in addition to our buyer’s guide, provides you with the requisite information for an informed purchase. We hope you ultimately found the best item to add to your shopping list.