Many of us coffee lovers long to achieve at-home barista status. With such status, we can easily brew anything from an Americano to a latte all from the comfort of our homes. Any coffee lover who is ready and willing to take this chance is definitely going to be in need of an espresso machine. This wonderful cooking appliance helps us achieve this as it brews coffee by forcing pressurized water close to boiling point through ground coffee and eventually filtering it to produce thick, concentrated coffee known as espresso.
If you have ever craved for brewing your own espresso from the comfort of your pajamas, this article is purely meant for you. We have conducted a great deal of research to come up with an incredible list of top 10 best espresso machines ever featured on the market. If you entrust a few minutes of your valuable time to us, we shall take you through these products, giving the pros and cons of each of them. Stay tuned.
1. Breville Barista Express
This power-packed machine has commercial-grade features which give you of in-house use without compromising the quality of your brew. It is available in cranberry red, black sesame, and stainless steel.
- Consistent brewing results
- Works as a hot water dispenser
- High capacity of water
- Easy operation
- Sleek, compact design
- Steaming problem and minor pressure may occur
2. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker with Automatic Milk Frother
Mr. Coffee brand has been in the industry for close to 40 years, making its products appear among the most popular espresso makers. It is a semi-automatic machine and as such, the user is required to place the coffee beans manually then adjust the filters accordingly.
- No need for coffee pods
- One-touch brew selection
- Very easy to clean
- Sturdy, compact design
- Adjustable drip tray
- The pressure mechanism occasionally stops operating abruptly
3. Delonghi Bar Pump Espresso Machine
At half-decent price, you are capable of getting Deloghi EC680M DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine. It is an ultra slim-line with a sleek stainless steel finish. It proves the point that you do not have to dominate your kitchen with a hulking machine in order to enjoy some good espresso drinks.
- Ideal espresso due to temperature regulation
- Extremely versatile
- Frothing system
- Compact design
- Complicated manual pulling system
4. De’Longhi Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
This joins the list of great espresso machines from DeLonghi brand. It practically allows you to use any beans or grounds of coffee. It also allows you to make both cappuccinos and espressos.
- Descent working cappuccino frothier
- Super easy to clean
- Makes excellent tasking coffee
- Compact, durable design
- The drip tray is non-adjustable
- May develop leaks with time
5. De’Longhi Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
This product happens to be a best-seller in the field of semi-automatic espresso machines. It has a 15-bar pressure pump which uses optimal brewing pressure to make espresso drinks.
- Gives good-tasting brew
- Decent-sized water container
- Heats up very fast
- Clean-up might be tedious
- Small built-in tamper
6. Gaggia Brera Super Espresso Machine with Frother
This is a user-friendly top-of-the-line espresso machine that you really need no PhD to operate. It features a sleek stainless steel finish that practically makes it of great pleasure to use.
- Heated cup warming surface
- Spout moves to accommodate both ristretto and espresso cups
- Crisp LED display
- Slightly on the higher price end
7. Breville The Infuser Espresso Machine
Kick-start your day with Starbucks caliber short shot thanks to Breville BES840XL espresso maker. The machine keeps water pressure initially low to avoid over-extraction. The nifty auto-purge makes sure the temperature remains consistent after steam.
- Volumetric programmable control
- Pre-infusion at low pressure
- Overly generous accessory
- Dedicated gauge to keep an eye on the pressure
- The built quality is a bit questionable
8. Gaggia Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker
This is a semi-automatic coffee maker and espresso combination machine. It is among the top bestsellers within its range and is generally applauded for its durability.
- Allows you to use your preferred ground coffee brand
- Can make several cups a day
- Heavy duty machine
- Difficulty in cleaning
9. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Rancilio brand features commercial-grade machines which work well both in small coffee shops and at home. You definitely don’t want an overcomplicated espresso machine that requires a Ph.D. to operate. This stripped-down coffee maker delivers excellent espresso drinks all day long.
- Rugged stainless steel casing
- Removable water reservoir
- Warming surface for pre-heating your espresso cup
- 3 thermos-tarts
- Limited functionality
10. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is one among the top rated espresso machines available on the market today. It is highly durable and has the ability to produce high quality of coffee. It is classified as a super-automatic espresso model.
- Compact design
- Excellent coffee production
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable drip tray
- Small water reservoir
Buyer’s Guide Best Espresso Machine
Having provided you with an incredible list of top 10 best espresso machines, it would only be fair for us to also take you through a few vital factors to consider when buying one. This will only work towards ensuring you get the crème de la crème. Journey with us.
1. Ease of Use
Different espresso machines have a different set of features which either makes them much easier or more complex to use. If you are new to these appliances, it is highly advisable that you settle for the automatic variations as they let you achieve your desire for great espresso effortlessly. As you advance your way through, however, you may opt for more advanced machines that allow you to make more complicated espresso drinks such as cappuccinos.
2. Ease of Cleaning
If you are going to end up with a machine model which is super easy to use but a great pain to clean then it is indeed not convenient at all. From the onset, you should be sure to have a rough idea of what it takes to clean your espresso machine ahead of buying it as this will allow you to know how involving the process might be. Ideally, the more components and features your machine has, the longer you are likely to take while cleaning it.
Normally, there is a wide range in the cost of espresso machines. So many factors are attributed to this including various features inhibited by particular machines. In some higher end models, it is likely that you will pay a little more for the quality and durability of the Materials. Always go for the greatest quality at the most affordable cost.
True coffee lovers understand that the desire for better coffee grows with time. Once you acquire the best espresso machine, you can count on the quality of espresso drink you will be making for yourself and your family each day. More interesting is that you will no longer have to leave your house to enjoy such drinks. With our list of top 10 best espresso machines, you are sure to get it right.
List of the 10 Best Espresso Machines Reviews By Consumer Reports 2019.
- 1. Breville Barista Express
- 2. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker with Automatic Milk Frother
- 3. Delonghi Bar Pump Espresso Machine
- 4. De’Longhi Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
- 5. De’Longhi Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- 6. Gaggia Brera Super Espresso Machine with Frother
- 7. Breville The Infuser Espresso Machine
- 8. Gaggia Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker
- 9. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- 10. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
- Buyer’s Guide Best Espresso Machine
- List of the 10 Best Espresso Machines Reviews By Consumer Reports 2019.