Deck paint might be all you need to turn your splintery, worn or cracked wooden deck into a completely adorable item.
All you need is to apply a thick, acrylic deck restoration coating onto it and you will have eventually restored the smooth surface which will last for many years to come. Painting your newly constructed wood deck can also be a good idea as it will fill the cracks and gaps which may be evident on the surface of the wood.
A good paint will also act as a stain cover and a sealer at the same time. Most definitely, settling for good deck paint is not a cup of tea for you. No wonder you are surfing the internet to get some rough ideas on how to go about it. We are right inside your shoes and that’s the reason we promise to alleviate your prolonged suffering by providing you with a review of the top 10 best deck paints. Read along.
- 10 Best Deck Paints reviews:
- 1. Bond Distributing Ltd Natural Wood Stain/Sealer
- 2. Thompsons Waterseal – Transparent Stain
- 3. Interlux YJB000/QT Interdeck Slip-Resistant Deck Paint
- 4. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
- 5. Rust-Oleum Porch Floor Paint
- 6. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
- 7. KILZ Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior
- 8. Durabak SMOOTH Version
- 9. Anvil Deck-A-New Resurfacer Paint, Restores Wood Decks
- 10. TotalBoat TotalTread Non-Skid Deck Paint
- Buyer’s Guide how to choose best Deck paint
10 Best Deck Paints reviews:
1. Bond Distributing Ltd Natural Wood Stain/Sealer
If you love DIY projects, you are definitely going to love this paint too. It is simple to use a sealer which delivers professional results. If used on the deck, it gives an enhanced color to the wood and also makes the surface rejuvenated. It gives a long period of protection with no chipping, cracking or flaking. You will also experience no overlapping as you apply it.
- Rejuvenates the color of any wood surface
- Does not overlap, flake, chip or crack
- Ideal for professionals and DIYers
- None for the price
2. Thompsons Waterseal – Transparent Stain
When you purchase this product, you get both a Steiner and a sealer. Given its transparent color, this deck paint works well with numerous types of wooden surfaces. Not only does it create a waterproof surface on the wood but it also helps in the prevention of mildew damage and other problems normally encountered by unprotected wooden surfaces.
- Prevents water damage
- Fade resistant
- UV damage resistant
- Resists mildew
- Large amount of sediment causes uneven coverage on the deck
3. Interlux YJB000/QT Interdeck Slip-Resistant Deck Paint
This paint is echoed for offering stunning finish with resilient polyurethane resin which helps in the prevention of tearing and wearing of the deck. It contains a mineral additive which ensures it doesn’t easily wear when applied. This paint is slip resistant and as such, you need not worry about skidding or slipping as you walk on the surface where it has been applied.
- Stunning finish
- Prevents tearing and wearing of the deck
- Mineral additive
- Low sheen finish
- Not ideal for clear proxies
4. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
If you want to take care of warping and cracking and yet still give a shiny finish to your deck then RTG Deck, Poarch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint comes in handy. This water-based deck paint is capable of penetrating deep into your wood. It offers a non-slip coating which is very durable. Its UV-stable formula ensures it doesn’t fade.
- Effective for warping and cracking prevention
- UV-stable formula
- Non-slip Coating
- None for the price
5. Rust-Oleum Porch Floor Paint
If your finished deck still looks aging, discolored or faded then it is time you grabbed Rust-Oleum 244163 Poarch Floor Paint. This paint is capable of giving your deck a sparkling finish which resists virtually all the agents that cause peeling, fading and cracking. It is effective for application on both interior and exterior wood coating.
- 3 times more strength than ordinary deck paint
- Scrub resistant
- Durable and long-lasting finish
- Only comes in gray
6. RTG Deck, Porch, & Patio Anti-Slip Paint
This product is primarily known for a stunning and long-lasting finish. It is a non-slip water-based deck paint which dries so fast. It is usable on both concrete and wood for patios, decks, and stains, leaving a durable coating which can make it through long years of being stepped on.
- Non-slip water-based paint
- Durable coating
- Inclusive of non-abrasive traction additive
- UV-stable formula
- We found none
7. KILZ Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior
Even if you are a very demanding DIY enthusiast, you will still be impressed by KILZ L377711 1-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Paint. It scores high in its ability to resist cracking, blistering, fading, and scuffing. It is also of high durability and generally easy to clean.
- Ideal for decks, basements, porches, garage, and driveway
- Applicable on wood, brick, concrete and stone surfaces
- Not easily stained
- Easy to clean
- Not good for vertical surfaces
- Only available in silver gray and slate gray options
8. Durabak SMOOTH Version
This wonderful paint boasts of many years of protection as well as smooth textured finish. Even when exposed to harsh conditions, this paint will never flake, peel, fade or chip. Since the paint is moisture cured, it can be used outdoor under harsh weather and direct sunlight.
- Polyethylene protective coating
- Can be applied to wood, fiberglass, metal, and concrete surfaces
- Gives a smooth finish
- Non-slip coating
- Comes pre-mixed
- Available in numerous options
- We found none
9. Anvil Deck-A-New Resurfacer Paint, Restores Wood Decks
This is a quality deck paint that repairs and restores the surface of your deck, making it look neat, clean and new. It practically saves you the cost of conducting a serious, comprehensive repair or replacing the entire deck. It is also capable of filling cracks that are 1/4-inch deep.
- 100% acrylic
- Easy to clean
- Highly durable
- Needs to be applied in two coatings to realize a smooth surface
10. TotalBoat TotalTread Non-Skid Deck Paint
If you are craving for a smooth surface underfoot which is hard to crack, peel, or get damaged when exposed to harsh weather then TotalBoat TotalTread Non-Skid Deck paint is the best option to go for. It also features a UV-formula which ensures the holding of the finish without fading or cracking.
- Has wax agents for a smooth texture
- Low sheen to reduce sun glare
- Resistant to weather
- Comes only in gray, white and sand beige colors
Buyer’s Guide how to choose best Deck paint
It is pointless walking to the hardware to without having an idea of what factors to consider when buying deck paint. By now, you already know the best paint to go for. But then, what else do you need to take into consideration as you buy your best paint?
Decks are made using different kinds of wood. On the same note, there is also a variation in the kind of paints that are used on painting them. Whatever your purpose for deck painting is; be it sealing rough surface or rejuvenating your old wood deck, the paint you settle for should be highly efficient. It should effectively serve the purpose for which it is bought.
2. Frequency of Application
This scales down to the strength of the paint. It is common knowledge that some paints are less durable and as such, will only keep the surface shiny for a few months before you reapply the same. If you intend to change the color soon then you may as well settle for less durable paints. If, however, you want some paints that will take pretty long on the surface of the wood, you will have no choice but to consider the paint’s durability and frequency of application.
Your deck is as beautiful as you paint it. By choosing the right deck paint, you are sure to seal and protect your deck from developing cracks. Our review of the top 10 best deck paints in conjunction with buyer’s guide does its best to provide you with the very best of information. All the best as you place your next order.