Every workshop has a set of tools that primarily form part and parcel of the entire process. In the case of carpentry and other closely related workshops, drills are must-have tools. They are very vital when it comes to drilling holes and driving fasteners on various surfaces. That said, the market offers a good number of these essential tools. As a regular user of a drilling machine, it is advisable that you go for the cordless variations. But how easy or difficult is it to tell the best for your use?
Well, you might be seeking an appropriate answer to this question too. Perhaps that is the reason you landed on this page. Without further ado, we will take you through our well researched yet less complicated list of top 10 best cordless drills you can ever find. We hope you will eventually find what you have been looking for for ages.
List of The 10 Best Cordless Drills.
10 Best Cordless Drills Reviews By Consumer Reports 2019.
1. Dewalt MAX Cordless Drill
This drill kit provides dedicated DIYer and is capable of bringing the sufficient amount of force to bear on small and large tasks alike. The unit is super easy on the forearms and is equally of great price.
- Compact construction
- Comfortable and effective
- Its 1/2-inch ratcheting chunk tightly grips the bit
- Not the most powerful model
2. Makita 18V LXT Cordless Drill
This excellent drill only takes 30 minutes to be ultimately charged. It has a compact profile which lets the user deliver the torque in the seemingly tough places. It is capable of handling drilling, hammering, and driving.
- Fast charge time
- Usable as a cordless drill, a hammer driver or a driver drill
- Easy handling of job site hazards
- Some question the ability of its battery to hold a charge long enough
3. WORX Switch driver Cordless Drill
You should be wondering why you still don’t have WORX Switch driver Cordless Drill within your workshop. It is indeed a cordless power tool which makes a lot of sense.
- Allows the user to switch between bits, drilling screws, and hammer drilling
- Powerful 20V Lithium battery
- Dual ¼-inch chunks
- Need to shut things down when changing to a third drill
4. DEWART 20V Combo Kit
DEWART 20V Combo is a drill kit worth having. Its 20-volt Lithium battery is coupled with a state of the art impact driver that has never found a surface it can’t drive a screw into. It provides you with both flexibility and ability to take on numerous projects arduously and efficiently.
- ½-inch single sleeve chunk provides a tight grip
- Compatible with all DEWALT’s 20V Max battery
- Hold a charge for pretty long
- Chunks occasionally come loose
5. WORX 20V
The WORX 20V cordless drill is ideal for a wide range of projects within the workshop. It delivers potent, high torque force as may be needed. Its Lithium battery also supplies ample runtime.
- Fully compatible with other WORX power tools
- High performance
- Ideal for tough circumstances
- On the pricey end
6. Festool CXS Compact
This upgraded cordless drill from Festool brand holds a larger capacity battery. Ironically, the larger capacity battery is smaller in size compared to the previous version and is more compact. It is compatible with older models of CSX.
- Battery adaptable to a wide range of products
- Innovative battery forward design
- The set is inclusive of Fast Fix Keyless chuck system, centrotec chuck, 2.6 AH batteries, CSX compact cordless drill, right angle chuck, and a battery charger
- A bit pricey
7. PORTER-CABLE 20V Max
This powerful machine features as one among the great deals in power tools. Both the impact driver and the cordless drill are engineered to last.
- Nice battery interchangeability feature
- Exceptionally fast recharging of the battery
- Thoughtful weight distribution
- Not much is offered regarding deluxe storage bag
8. Festool T18+3
We can proudly argue that Festool T18+3 is one of the very best cordless power drills the market offers. It has all the excellent features you would love to see in a drill such as durability, versatility, toughness, long battery life, and power.
- 3-year warranty
- Handy right angle chunk
- ‘Incredible efficiency
- Long battery life
- Quite expensive
9. Hitachi 18-Volt
Hitachi is a seasoned electronic brand, and its 18-volt cordless drill brings out the quality people associate with the brand.
- 2-year warranty on Lithium battery
- 22 drive settings
- The LED lighting system of high quality
- Underwhelming two-speed gearbox
10. BLACK and DECKER 3 Position
If you want a quality cordless drill at a very pocket-friendly price, then BLACK and DECKER 3.6-Volt 3 Position is here for you. It is a do-it-yourself kind of driller that is rated as user-friendly.
- Incredible versatility
- High-quality Lithium battery
- Reliable and durable quality
- Ergonomics are not quite enticing
Buyer’s Guide How To Choose Best Cordless Drill
It is perfectly fine to place an order just immediately you are through with reading through the list of top 10 best cordless drills. However, unlike what most people do, we will not leave you at that. We recognize that there are still a few vital factors you need to take into consideration. Always check for the following as you plan your purchase.
1. The Weight Factor
When choosing a cordless drill, weight features as an inevitable factor. To most people, it is preferable to settle for a lightweight and compact cordless drill as it gives numerous options. It practically allows you to work for pretty long times since you don’t get tired quickly. Eventually, it leads to improved productivity.
This is an essential indicator when choosing a cordless drill. The battery voltage determines the power of the drill. Typically, the voltage ranges anything from 2.4V to 40V. Even though one cannot depend on voltage alone in determining the power of a cordless drill, it is usable in determining the best drill. For heavy duties, it is recommended that one considers going for high voltage drills. One can, however, achieve perfect light duty results using low voltage cordless drills.
3. Chunk Size
It is true that drills come in different chunk sizes. The cordless drill you choose should, therefore, be of the chunk size that you require. The most common chunk sizes are half-inch and three-eighth-inch. This so-called chunk size refers to the largest drill bit shank utilizable by the chunk. Usually, the ½-inch model is of heavy duty and as such, is generally preferred by professionals.
Every single effort pays eventually and the effort and time you have taken reading this article till the end will never go in vain. The next great thing is to use the information so far acquired, in making an informed purchasing decision. It is relatively ok to make a mistake if you are less informed. However, it is sinful to land the same regrets for failing to utilize acquired knowledge. Go for the best cordless drill.
- List of The 10 Best Cordless Drills.
- 10 Best Cordless Drills Reviews By Consumer Reports 2019.
- 1. Dewalt MAX Cordless Drill
- 2. Makita 18V LXT Cordless Drill
- 3. WORX Switch driver Cordless Drill
- 4. DEWART 20V Combo Kit
- 5. WORX 20V
- 6. Festool CXS Compact
- 7. PORTER-CABLE 20V Max
- 8. Festool T18+3
- 9. Hitachi 18-Volt
- 10. BLACK and DECKER 3 Position
- Buyer’s Guide How To Choose Best Cordless Drill