Safety fast! Irrespective of where you are or whatever you do, you cannot afford to overlook this rule. No wonder road users are asked to be observant of their safety. Well, while riding on your bicycle, it is only right that you have your helmet on as a safety measure. Given the rising number of bicycle riders, many manufacturers have considered making a relatively high number of bicycle helmets to feed the market.
Well, this may not mean that each manufactures’ bicycle helmet is of good quality. We understand the confusion that dawns buyers once they step into a storeroom to buy a product of any kind.
It is even more confusing if the shopping is done online. Worry no more. After spending several hours conducting thorough research on bicycle helmets, we have finally come up with an incredible review of the top 10 best bicycle helmets. Kindly read until the end.
- List of the 10 Best Bicycle Helmets Reviews:
- 1. Smith Optics Cycling Adult Helmet
- 2. Giro Trinity Cycling Helmet
- 3. Bell Overdrive Cycling Helmet
- 4. Bell Stratus MIPS Road Helmet
- 5. Bern Unlimited Brentwood Helmet with Flip Visor
- 6. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
- 7. Giro Cinder Road Helmet
- 8. Bell Annex MIPS Equipped Urban Helmet
- 9. Smith Optics Portal Adult MTB Cycling Helmet
- 10. Nutcase – Patterned Street Helmet
- Buyer’s Guide how to choose the best Bicycle helmet:
List of the 10 Best Bicycle Helmets Reviews:
The following is a list of the Best Bicycle Helmets reviews based on consumer report:
1. Smith Optics Cycling Adult Helmet
Are you involved in time training or any kind of triathlon racing? Take a moment and breathe in. This super aerodynamic bicycle is tailor-made to meet your demands. It has a sleek design which imitates a combination of traditional bike helmets and rounder skating helmets. It features an aero core in-mold construction and it is generally of lightweight.
- Offers a secure and comfortable fit
- Easy on/off shield thanks to its magnetic visor
- May get warm in high temperatures
2. Giro Trinity Cycling Helmet
This is an entry-level helmet which might not be so ideal for more intense triathlons or training. It is very ideal for riding down the street. Those who ride to work daily will also find it quite convenient. Its shell gives full coverage and the item generally has a simple design.
- Removable padding
- Pretty comfortable
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Bulky retention system
3. Bell Overdrive Cycling Helmet
This top-notch helmet which actually imitates technologies associated with Bell’s more intensive pro-level helmets is specifically designed for road riders. It has a modern, compact shape, and clean, rounded lines. It also features internal roll cages and a fusion in-mold polycarbonate shell.
- Nice straps
- Has Multi-directional Impact Protection System
- Thin padding Exposed EPS
4. Bell Stratus MIPS Road Helmet
The Bell Stratus MIPS Road Helmet has a design similar to that of the Bell Zephyr. The design is generally sleek and professional. Though very aerodynamic, this helmet comes at an unimaginably low price. It enjoys the preference of both entry-level riders and more active, experienced riders.
- Value for price
- Stays cool throughout the ride
- Has MIPS liner
- Impeccable safety features
- Low-quality retention dial and straps
5. Bern Unlimited Brentwood Helmet with Flip Visor
This is an all-season bicycle helmet that knows not summer. During the colder season, you may buy a winter upgrade kit. The summer lining has a visor which betters the rider’s visibility in the sun. With this high-end visor, you surely need no sunglasses.
- Versatile and very useful for various activities other than biking
- Removable lining
- Washable lining
- Ideal for all-year biking
- Les aerodynamic shape
- Padding takes up much space
6. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
Think biking, think Schwinn. This brand which was founded way back in 1895 has for a long time been known for supplying excellent biking items. Its Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet nails this fact. This helmet is ideal for the entry-level rider. You can also get a children’s version for your child.
- Available in children and adult versions
- Highly affordable
- Sits too high on the head
7. Giro Cinder Road Helmet
Giro Cinder MIPS Road helmet 2017 is a very affordable helmet. It has most of the features found in the Synthe despite only going for half the price. The design of this helmet is also more or less the same as that of the Synthe. In addition to internal channels, the helmet has 26 vents.
- Pro-level features
- Features Roc Loc 5 closure system
- Not as cool as promised
8. Bell Annex MIPS Equipped Urban Helmet
Think of any safety standards and be rest assured that this helmet passes them all. Just like it is with other helmets in our review, this one also comes with MIPS. It drops down low thereby providing increased protection at the back of your head. It has an Active Aero Slider vent which allows you to regulate the air flow aero efficiency and temperature.
- Good ventilation
- Very reflective thus extremely visible
- Insufficient protection from the sun
9. Smith Optics Portal Adult MTB Cycling Helmet
Smith Optics Portal adult MTB cycling helmet is specifically designed for use on the road. If you think of off-riding, it might not be the best choice for you. It also features MIPS for extra protection. Lastly, the helmet comes with VaporFit adjustable fit system.
- Secure and comfortable
- Stays intact no matter what
- Straps are adjustable with gloves
- Quite heavy
- May get a bit warm
10. Nutcase – Patterned Street Helmet
At the tenth position is Nutcase- Patterned Street Helmet which features a wide variety of fun and very unique designs. The brand has kept changing the model constantly, adding new designs each time. Its magnetic buckle easily snaps together with a lot of ease. This buckle will never pinch your skin.
- Wide variety of designs and colors
- Very comfortable
- The fit is adjustable
- Not very breathable
Buyer’s Guide how to choose the best Bicycle helmet:
The hearsay goes that all reviews without a buyer’s guide are a complete sham. That said, we wish to draw your attention to some issues to consider when buying a new bicycle helmet.
Head Size and Shape
Everyone has a different body structure and personality. You are obliged to understand the shape and the size of your head ahead of placing an order for a bicycle helmet. Your head can either be round oval, long oval, or intermediate oval. If at all the helmet you have exerts pressure at the wrong point of your head then that is not the best one to use while riding.
Any helmet that stays in your head during the worst conditions is the one that will actually protect you. Otherwise, the rest are nothing more than weight on your head. To verify this, try fastening the strap on your head and then try pulling it from the back to see if it rolls out of the head. If it rolls out f your head even after adjusting the straps, it is surely not the right one for you.
This is another special aspect that you can never underestimate. The visor ought to be clear because it plays a significant role in giving you a clear vision. Even though smoked and mercury tinted visors tend to attract customers’ attention, they hinder the provision of clear vision. As such, you should avoid them at all cost. If your budget is flexible, you can go for anti-scratch and anti-fog visor.
We still maintain the fact that your safety really matters. To avoid rubbing shoulders with authorities while staying safe at the same time, consider buying your most preferred and suitable helmet from our list of top 10 best bicycle helmets.