Normally, when we get into deep sleep or naps, we may get so rooted such that we fail to get up at the right time. We all need a gadget or so that will ensure we enjoy our nap or sleep but at the same time, be up within the required time. This is where alarm clock radios come in handy.
Most people use these devices as reminders for scheduled tasks or simply to wake them up to prepare for work or school. As opposed to other sorts of alarm gadgets which make unpleasant noise or irritating vibrations, top-notch alarm clock radios have sensors which enable them to tell the depth your sleep thus avoiding disturbance in case of deep sleep. They also have soft music that helps you gradually transition from your deep sleep to being completely awake and active.
Here, you will find a precise review of the top 10 best alarm clock radios on the market. We will then take you through a buyer’s guide. Let’s begin.
1. Mesqool AM/FM Digital Projection Alarm Clock Radio
The first trait that will draw you into liking this alarm clock radio is its future-proof nature. Its projection feature displays the time shown on the screen to a ceiling or a wall. The projector is capable of swiveling 180 degrees, giving you a bit of flexibility of exactly where you want the time displayed within your room.
- Automatically sets time
- Ability to swivel the projection feature 180 degrees
- Pre-set 20 radio stations
- AM/FM radio
- The snooze button is quite small
- Narrow base
2. iHome Dual Alarm Clock FM Radio
If you are shopping for a unique, techie alarm clock which is capable of waking you up during late night hours, this is the best model for you. Its spherical shape not only makes it quite appealing but also lets it function with Bluetooth audio. It also allows music streaming through integrated audio speakers.
- Easy setup
- Excellent audio quality
- Flexible alarm options
- FM radio
- Excellent alarm
- Colorful LED light
- Complicated interface
- Not reliable for long-term use
3. Electrohome Projection Alarm Clock
This is yet another alarm clock radio which is capable of projecting whatever is on its display to your wall. It indicates time, date, and temperature which can all be read clearly on the walls. It, however, requires that the wall be pitch dark or dimly lit.
- Descent radio speakers
- Clear display of time, date and temperature
- Able to play music from another device
- Need for the room to be dimly lit or completely dark for quality projection
4. Raynic 8-in-1 Bluetooth Alarm Clock Radio (Digital)
Raynic 8-in-1 Bluetooth digital alarm clock radio is a multi-purpose alarm clock which gives your clock experience another dimension. This spherical shape alarm system only weighs about 2 pounds and has a contemporary layout and design. The system comes in two varieties of colors. Its dimmable LED light display is transformable from 8 multi-colored light settings.
- Dual alarm system
- Modern design
- Dual USB charging options
- Excellent sound quality
- Multi-radio frequencies
- Complicated interface
- Less durable
5. Electrohome Alarm Clock Radio
If you are going to admire this alarm system then you won’t miss taking note of its appealing USB charging feature. Its USB port allows you to charge your mobile devices. It also has a brightly lit 1.2-inch LED display with four dimming options. In the presence of an external speaker jack, this device would make a better digital alarm clock radio.
- Can display 12 or 24-hour system
- Decent AM/FM radio speaker
- USB ports for mobile device charging
- No external speaker jack
- The package excludes USB charging cable
6. Sony Alarm Clock Radio
No products found.
This is a tiny, black cube alarm clock radio with outstanding features like battery backup, programmable sleep timer, and adjustable brightness control. It is also among the variety with low prices.
- Backup battery option
- Decent speakers
- Clean, simple design
- Gets the basics right
- The display might be too bright
7. Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio
This wonderful alarm clock radio from Philips brand is of digital variation and features a fairly good price tag. With it, you can choose to use a standard alarm sound when waking you up or set a preferred radio station for the same purpose.
- Large, clear display
- Small footprint
- Reasonable price tag
- Option for a radio or buzzing sound as an alarm
- The alarm volume is a bit loud
8. Emerson SmartSet Radio Alarm Clock
Emerson CKS1708 SmartSet has plenty of features which collectively make it an excellent value for hard-earned money. It can remember quite a number of stations for easy access later on. It also features a dimmer control with three levels of dimming. Additionally, the system has a dual alarm to help you wake up at a constant time.
- Nice sounding speakers
- Can remember many radio stations
- Features Sure alarm
- Three dimming levels
- Difficulty in setting up the radio
9. Peakeep Digital FM Alarm Clock Radio
Give your day a wonderful start with Peakeep Little Digital FM Alarm Clock Radio. It can memorize about 10 radio stations for easy access in the future. It also has a digital scrolling turner that primarily allows it to automatically scan for radio stations.
- Bright and large display
- Descent footprint
- The frequency can be manually set
- Able to memorize 10 radio stations
- Installation is a bit clunky
- The instructions are a bit unclear
10. Electrohome AM/FM Clock Radio
The features of this wonderful alarm system fit the price. Its radio can memorize up to 20 stations and you can set one such station as the alarm. The alarm clock has dual alarm functionality.
- Dual alarm feature
- Battery backup
- No instruction manual
In this section, we are glad to take you through factors that are worth considering when buying an alarm clock radio. Though brief, they are equally important.
Normally, an alarm clock radio uses sound to wake you up. There are numerous sonic options when it comes to selecting an alarm clock radio within your preference. The sound produced should be one that suits your personality. Whether you prefer waking up to NPR on the radio or a favorite playlist, you are spoilt for choice.
2. Extra Features
The prevailing truth is that if you are a deep sleeper, you will need more than the solemn radio sound to wake you up. You must, therefore consider buying an alarm clock radio with other sets of features such as vibrations. If your room is dark and would wish to have a smooth transition from sleep, you may also have to consider a device which doubles up as a light source.
Alarm clock radios do all the best to ensure you not only wake up on time but also in a relaxed mood. You no longer have to worry about getting up late for job or school. With these sophisticated devices, your deep sleep is smoothly transitioned to a complete being completely awake. A blend of our top 10 best alarm clock radios with buyer’s guide is all you need to be up and moving.
- 1. Mesqool AM/FM Digital Projection Alarm Clock Radio
- 2. iHome Dual Alarm Clock FM Radio
- 3. Electrohome Projection Alarm Clock
- 4. Raynic 8-in-1 Bluetooth Alarm Clock Radio (Digital)
- 5. Electrohome Alarm Clock Radio
- 6. Sony Alarm Clock Radio
- 7. Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio
- 8. Emerson SmartSet Radio Alarm Clock
- 9. Peakeep Digital FM Alarm Clock Radio
- 10. Electrohome AM/FM Clock Radio
- Buyer’s Guide